12 weeks free at slimming World
Access to app and website
Weekly weight in and group support session
Access to private Facebook group for group members
Nottingham city resident
Aged 18 years or over
BMI of 25 or over (or 23 and over for BAME patients)
Not been a paying member at Slimming World in the last 6 months
Contact details: 01773 546362
FIT Fans – Magpies
12 free weekly sessions at local football club (Notts County)
Meet other football fans on the same journey as you and learn how to make better choices to improve your lifestyle and health, whilst being supported through your journey by club staff
Aged 35 – 65
BMI of 28 or over
Waist measurement of more than 38inches (males) or 31 inches (females)
Register online: www.efltrust.com/fitfans/
Trent Bridge Community Trust – Weight Management Programme
This is a FREE 12-week weight management programme aimed to help participants lose weight and put the building blocks in place to make long-term changes to their health and wellbeing.
Each weekly session will consist of a 45-minute educational workshop (covering issues such as physical activity, diet or sleep) and a 45-minute physical session (including activities such as group fitness, gym-based exercise and organised sport).
The key aim of the programme is to help participants lose weight – we hope to see weight loss of at least 5% by the end of the 12-week cycle – and we also hope to provide individuals with the information they need to make informed choices about their diet and activity.
07726 677048 or email@example.com
Location: Harvey Hadden Leisure Centre, Aspley, NG8 4PB – Thursdays, 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Tier 2 Weight Management – Oviva
Oviva Tier 2 Weight Management programme is a 12-week programme that puts people in control of their health by offering personalised support from a health coach or dietitian. It is a 100% remote service which means you can take part from the comfort of your own home and receive support at a time that suits you.
You will have the choice to be matched with your own personal health coach or a coach-led support group to help you through your journey. You will also have the choice to receive support either via the Oviva app over secure app messaging, or over phone/video calls.
The programme can help you to:
- Lose weight
- Improve the quality of your diet
- Learn about the benefits of having healthy balanced meals
- Increase your confidence to achieve your goals
- Self-manage your wellbeing effectively
- Aged 18 years or above
- Registered with a GP practice in Nottingham City or a resident in Nottingham City
- BMI more than or equal to 25 (or 23 for people of Black African, African-Caribbean and Asian origin)
- Severe or moderate frailty
- Diagnosed eating disorder
- Had bariatric surgery in last two years
- Have an underlying medical cause for obesity that requires intensive clinical management rather than a tier 2 community weight management programme
- Have significant unmanaged co-morbidity
- Currently attending a weight management programme
You can refer yourself via the Oviva Website. Follow the link below and scroll down to “How can I join? – Online referral” and complete the form.
Tier 2 Weight Management | Oviva UK
Date published: 8th November 2021
Date last updated: 26th April 2023